Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tagged, I'm It

Jane tagged me to write seven uninteresting, unrelated things about myself.....How do I pick uninteresting things about me? I'm completely interesting!!

Okay, here's a try.

1. I like stick shifts much better than automatic transmissions.

2. When I was in high school, I wanted to be a marine biologist (whales), until I realized I hate swimming in the ocean (actual swimming, I can handle wading).

3. My college roommate taught me how to crochet. My first project was an afghan for my sweetie. It has long since fallen apart. Luckily, he married me anyway.

4. I'm claustrophobic. I'm not very fond of heights either. Needless to say, I'm rarin' to go up the St. Louis Arch again (not).

5. I truly and devotedly believe that there is no better burger on this earth than In-n-Out Burger. If you disagree, you haven't had one.

6. There is 10 years difference in age between me and my older brother and 10 years between me and my nephew. There is 12 years between me and my older sister, and 12 years between me and my niece. So I was stuck right there in the middle.

7. I like to sleep with the tv on.

I tag Designated Knitter, and you, too!

12 comments:

Jane said...

I am with you on #1 & #4.

Marie N. said...

My brother -in-law swears by In and Out's burgers. Best I ever had was at a little restaurant outside the French Quarter called Snug Harbor. Great jazz and lots of fresh shredded cheddar on the burger did it for me.

Sharon L. Holland said...

I am so used to stick shifts now that when I drive automatics, I sometimes jam on the brake when I am reaching for a clutch. I'm lucky I don't deploy the airbags. Very embarrassing.

Dr. Luther in the 21st Century said...

I started out studying Marine Biology at Texas A&M Galveston and then I realized there were more students than jobs so I switched to BioMedical Science.

Genuine Lustre said...

OK, well I'm not rooming with you at Mommapalooza - I need total silence, total darkness and an open window to sleep - lol.

You must try the Kewpie Burger in Lima, Ohio.

RPW said...

Believe it or not, I have been to Kewpie. My parents actually grew up in Lima, and it was their main hangout when they were teens.

People that I know who have actually BEEN to both pick In-n-Out. Though my parents are torn on the nostaligia issue.

Elizabeth said...

Woo-hoo! In-n-Out. It's been 11 years and I still compare every burger I eat to them. :)

Caroline said...

I am with you on #1 & #4 as well. #7 - TV is not allowed in our bedroom - only the living room.

Michelle said...

hmmmmm, you love the Dodgers and In N Out Burgers and live in Indiana? Are you from So Cal????? Plus you even make keifer? hmmmmmm I didn't know anyone in America even knew what that was........Love the title to your blog! :)

RPW said...

Why YES, I lived in Southern California for seven years. That's good detective work.

BTW, for any potential Mamapalooza roommates, I don't actually NEED a t.v. to sleep. I just really like one. We don't have one in our bedroom, either, and I have managed through most of our marriage...I still PREFER one though.

Now I occasionally have been known to snore...but if you tell me to roll over, we should be fine.

cptwentworth said...

Hi, I saw your post over at Pioneer Woman. I too moved from SoCal to northeastern IN, and I also desperately miss In-N-Out Burger. The freshness, the taste, ahhh. I've got my taste buds watering. Alas, poor Indiana doesn't know what it's missing!

RPW said...

Wow...a kindred spirit! Where at in Northeast Indiana?

or, if you'd like you can click on my profile and email me.