Tuesday, November 09, 2010

NaBloPoMo: Favorite Song

What was your favorite song this year? Five years ago? Ten years ago? Twenty?

"If It's Love" by Train. Its unique but it glories in simple love, which is rare anymore.





Five years ago? No clue. I even looked at the Billboard Lists for 2005, and the only thing I remember was "Honkytonk Badonkadonk." And that wasn't exactly a pleasant memory.

Ten years ago - "Carlene" by Phil Vassar.




Twenty years ago: Oh wow. I was 19 then, so EVERY song had some deep, intense meaning to me (well, except "Do Me" by Bel Biv Davoe)

But it had to be Wilson Philip's "Hold On" was my anthem. I had just moved out of my parents' house, was in college, and dealing with lots of "codependency issues," because that's what they called it then. I'd be more embarrassed about that, but it was # 1 for the year. :)

Not only that but Chynna Phillips had awesome hair.

No comments: