Tuesday, November 28, 2006
My honey is a UCLA fan, which means that despite being from Los Angeles, he does NOT like USC (no matter how much I try to convince him that burgundy and gold are manlier colors than baby blue and pale yellow). So he NEVER roots for USC. Never. He even rooted for Texas last year....Texas wolloped UCLA last year and kept them out of the Rose Bowl, if I remember correctly (I tried to pay attention...but really, its football...it could've been basketball that Texas was playing USC over...but I just can't devote that kind of brain cells to the whole thing)
There is an exception, however. USC played Notre Dame last weekend. Spanked 'em, too....and my sweetie has too many Notre Dame fans around here giving him a hard time about how they beat UCLA this year...so that's how we came to even be watching the USC/Notre Dame game...and rooting for USC.
But the only thing that really caught my attention was a statement made by the ABC color commentator in the 4th quarter after USC made another touchdown.
"It looks like the road to Glendale Arizona is paved with Trojans."
All I can say is..... ewwwww.
p.s. sorry I haven't been posting. Life has been a bit too chaotic, but I have a brain full of things I WANT to post about...does that count?
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Diet Coke, Amaretto Sours
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? My husband insisted that his parents didn't "do" Santa, so he didn't want to do it with his kids.....turns out, he just found out about him at a very young age (he was the youngest). However, we haven't missed out on anything (not that we think anyone is evil who doesn't. We've had a lot of fun getting looks from people when we say we don't do it. Pretty similar to the three years we lived without a t.v. When I was a kid, I always knew it was from Santa if it was unwrapped. Santa didn't wrap. Personally, I hate wrapping presents and I think greeting cards are a scam orchestrated by Hallmark to make me feel bad because I always forget to send them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored
4 . Do you hang mistletoe? No. I am such a Scrooge.
5. When do you put your decorations up? We put up manger scenes and such as Advent starts, but we actually don't decorate our tree until Christmas Eve...then we keep it through Epiphany. The trash men hate us.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry Compote and stuffing
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: I don't know...it was always just a really nice time with family. My brother and sister were older and out of the house when I was still pretty young, so it was always a nice time to see them, and their kids.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was seven or eight. Then in order to test it, I asked 'Santa' for a ten speed and asked my parents for a bike. I got a bike. But for years after, my mother insisted that if I don't believe in Santa, there will be less gifts, so I faked it, not that I was pulling the wool over her eyes or anything, just letting her have her fun. ;)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We've done both, depending on what the arrangement was with church services and family get togethers. Now, we do it on Christmas day. (but correct me if I'm wrong...its common thought that Jesus was born at night and that the shepherds found him at night...and that the Wisemen followed a STAR at night...nothing wrong with Christmas Eve).
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We get an ornament or two each year that seems to symbolize that year. Our tree is full of 15 years of memories. We started with our first year dating.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? There is nothing wrong with 75 degree Christmases!!! Jesus was born in a Mediterranean climate.
12. Can you ice skate? kind of. I can eventually get around the rink a few times
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Jeff got me a stuffed giraffe the first year we were dating. I remember that it's head was sticking out of the box through a big hole in the wrapping paper. We also got engaged 2 days before Christmas, so that would probably be my all time favorite "Christmas gift"
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? That Jesus Christ was born in order to die on the cross for me and that he rose again so that I will too.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Jeff's family make these INCREDIBLE cookies. Jeff's grandmother acquired an iron from a guy who'd had a cart on Coney Island (the iron says Coney Island on it) that makes wonderfully thin waffle cookies. They are light and airy, very mild. Every day after Thanksgiving, they make thousands of them. I never have to make them...just get to enjoy them.... (LOL)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting away the Christmas stuff. Usually, I'm more than eager for it to go away again. I told you I am a Scrooge.
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Since I became a mom, giving. But I do like to see what others get me.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? hymn? Angels We Have Heard On High...In school the 6th graders always sang that one, so getting to sing it makes me feel "grown up" I love singing Glo-o-o-o-o-ria...in excelsis Deo. Otherwise, I really love Amy Grant's "Breath of Heaven." I think that will be a classic.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Pretty cool, especially cherry flavored ones...but I like sugar cookies better.
Friday, November 17, 2006
1. Yourself: frazzled
2. Your spouse: adorable
3. Your hair: gray
4. Your mother: brave
5. Your father: loving
6. Your favorite item: books
7. Your dream last night: tornado
8. Your favorite drink:Diet Pepsi
9. Your dream car: fast
10. The room you are in: kitchen
11. Your ex: none
12. Your fear: antisolitarianism
13. What you want to be in 10 years? warm
14. Who you hung out with last night? Jeff
15. What you’re not? structured
16. Muffins: lemon iced
17. One of your wish list items: debtless
18. Time: ??
19. The last thing you did: IM
20. What you are wearing: cardigan
21. Your favorite weather: sunny-72
22. Your favorite book: Pride and Prejudice
23. The last thing you ate: pumpkind bread
24. Your life: precious
25. Your mood: exhausted
26. Your best friend: Jeff
27. What are you thinking about right now? sleep
28. Your car: minivan
29. What are you doing at the moment? hiding
30. Your summer: ok
31. Your relationship status: blissful
32. What is on your TV? : Food Network
33. What is the weather like? cold
34. When is the last time you laughed? a few minutes ago.
Friday, November 03, 2006
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: The West
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
|The Inland North|
|What American accent do you have?|
Take More Quizzes
Nope...pegged me right. I'm a Nevada girl through and through.....