Thursday, June 22, 2006


Lazy Summer Days


So far, aside from the usual things, its been pretty laid back. I've been enjoying having my hours dramatically cut back. It almost feels like I don't have a job at all.

Chris and Maggie had VBS this last week, and with it, brought home a cold for us all to share (achoo)

Maggie has been LOVING tee ball (that's her in her uniform).

My parents have thrown me for a loop and bought a house on Lake Columbia in Michigan. So for summer months, they will only be an hour and 1/2 away (and not far from Whole Foods Market and the NEW IKEA, too!!!!!). It's a nice house. We're looking forward to spending some time there! It's also nice because we'll be near some family members that I really have never had a chance to get to know. I'm glad they are enjoying my inheritance..... ;)

We've been honored to have a couple of Flat Travelers in our house as guests, we've been showing them around our town while their family are showing our Flat Travelers around San Diego. They are going to all the places that we used to love! Can you believe it? Our Flat Travelers got to go to Petco Park before we have??????

8 comments:

Marie N. said...

I heard an Ikea store may be built in Ohio in the coming months too. It is nice that you'll have some family closer to you. A lake house sounds like a delightful place to visit. My kids like visiting my cousin in Louisiana. He has a pedal boat. It is not hard to pedal it, or steer it, but their legs are still too short so mom or dad and someone else have to go along too for now.

RPW said...

the kids would love a pedal boat....but personally, I'm hoping for a nice speedboat with a 100 HP Merc on the back.....

My dad says he's bringing his bass boat, though. That at least is powerful enough to haul an intertube around.....

Genuine Lustre said...

Wow! Great news about the parents place!
My in-laws have a house at Hilton Head. We only get there about every 15 months because 14 hrs is a long drive, but it's nice to have a place to go on those years when you can't afford to go anywhere else for vacation.
p.s. - should we tell your folks at the new digs might be a great place for a ncrloop mom's weekend out? : P

Jane said...

IKEA? IKEA! Let's go!

RPW said...

LOL....Polly, I think I'll wait until they relax a bit. Maybe a Spring or Fall retreat, and then they'll be gone....boy, I feel like a 16 year old planning a party when my parents are away. Just joking Mom and Dad....I never did that ;)


ddwlaw....thanks for the "hello" God bless you!
Blogging is one place where denominational lines are blurred.

Jane....lets go! We can stop at Whole Foods while we're at it. If we drive there and back fast enough, do you think we could pass it off as a "Park Day?"

Traci Vanderbush said...

That's nice that you'll have family nearby for the summers. Enjoy!

mandaroo63 said...

OHHH! That is so cool to see our FTs on your blog! We really miss them and hope they are having fun!

Violet says, "Have a nice summer and we miss our FTs. I like climbing trees too! And I like playing baseball with my dad. That's a really cool blog! Hope you like the journal we sent."

Karen Welsh said...

I like your style! I've recently started a new minister's wife website at
mediocreministerswife@blogspot.com
I invite you to come take a look at the daily bloggings that don't sugercoat the life of a pastor's wife.
In Christ,
Mediocre Minister's Wife