Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Now if Only Drysdale had Been Here.......
I hate to admit it, but I have to say, I think it was appropriate that they beaned YOU last night, Shawn. I even said it to my husband when you came to bat in the 7th inning.

I mean, it had to be done. Sure, you're nice, not to mention really really cute but it had to be done. Your team hit Nomar THREE times and Russell Martin once. Someone had to be hit, and since you'd been a thorn in our side for the years you were here....it was only appropriate that you received a 95 mile per hour fastball in yours....just this once.










Sometimes, when you are your team's most consistent hitter, it means you have to be the one who takes one for the team (and you are very consistent...when you played for us, you consistently hit the ball right into the double play I'm so glad that you are in a place where you are comfortable now). I know it was hard for you to adjust to Playing in L.A. and all, but it hasn't seemed to be tough for Nomar.....and he's not too hard on the eyes, either.
(isn't he so cute with Mia, here!)

1 comment:

Marie N. said...

I love baseball! And as a tribe fan that is a statement of faith this year :-)