Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blue Tea meme

Okay, Jane tagged me.

She writes:

It was started by a lady who has a blog called Blue Tea. (Thus the name!)
According to the original poster, the rules for this meme are: “Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.”


Child Development - I'm hoping for more recent developments, because half of the stuff I learned was rubbish (I'm feeling British today, apparently), and I don't remember the other half.

Woodworking and Home Repairs - I am completely inadequate at this stuff and it scares me.

Arts and Crafts - The same as the above.

Personal Finance - 'nuff said

German - I LOVE German, but I haven't retained enough of it

Guitar - its sittin' in my closet

Music Theory - I love it, just don't understand the nuances and what a composer is trying to convey through his music by doing this or that.

Church History - At least beyond "...and the Bible ends there and then (huge gap) and then Martin Luther became a monk because he was caught in a thunderstorm, ran under a tree, and prayed to St. Anne for safety -- and promised if he lived he'd become a monk...and NEVER stand under a tree in a lightening storm....when he was a monk he started reading the Bible. He became mad at John Tetsel who was selling indulgences so he posted the 95 theses...'here I stand I can do no other'....he married Katherine Von Bora" (huge gap) the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock to find a place where they could practice their religion in freedom and then they tar and feathered each other and burned anybody they thought was a witch. And then the liberal professors left the St. Louis seminary and formed what eventually became the ELCA. And that leaves us at today...."

I'm with Jane on Organic Gardening. I'm wondering if the master gardener class at the extention would do that. A gentleman in our congregation who has a big beautiful old John Deere tractor is going to till for me next year!!!

Domestic Arts -- I hate sewing. But I do wish I was better at it, at least to give my daughter a chance to learn to like it...and even my son. Oh well, I love to cook. Viva la Food Network. But are culture is so robbed of the feminine artisanship of creating a good home that used to be valued. I value it, but I feel incompetent at just about all factors of it.

HTML - So I could make my blog look like what I want and I could fix that dumb list link that I know freezes up everybody's computer for a minute when they get on my site and Jane's....GRRRRR

I went for the full ten. Can you tell I'd rather be in a class than just about anywhere else???

So I tag Designated Knitter, Laura, Kim, Polly, and my husband - though he doesn't blog and is taking classes at the seminary right now.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi! {waving}
Not sure how the tagging thing works, but I'll play along.

And hey, if things straighten out a bit and I can move back to the Fort Wayne area full time, I'd be willing to show your kids how to sew. I love to sew! I just never have the time.

Not Alone +++ PAS said...

I really enjoyed your humor in "Church History."

As far as having class fix one's life, I couldn't say since I don't seem to have any.

Regarding "Music Theory" I share your appreciation for those who do understand and produce music that is powerful in moving the soul in a godly way, even when the hearer does not understand the method.

Thanks for sharing your fun humor and imagination.