Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Few Vacation Highlights
from our trip to California........California Dreamin

Here's Chris and Maggie at the airport. They were really excited to be getting on a plane. (with our flat traveler guests) It was Maggie's first time, and the first time that Chris would remember.


We stopped in Las Vegas for a few days to visit with my parents, and then we were off to California. First stop: A family reunion at Disneyland with Jeff's parents, brother and sister, and families.


Jeff and Maggie on the Dumbo ride....that was definitely the favorite for the young ones. Though Buzz Lightyear Astroblaster was a close second...the older kids really liked that one. It was well done. I tend to be a "movie theme ride cynic" but it was good.






Maggie was really excited to have her first driving experience.....12 more years until I have to face that experience in real life!








I know Chris is saying here "this is just a guy in a dog suit, so don't forget that I am merely humoring you!"


(more coming soon)


2 comments:

Marie N. said...

Looks like it was a wonderful and memorable trip! Glad you had so much fun.

My kids love to look at trip photos after we get home. I like hearing what they remember when they explain the photos to someone else.

Have you heard any 'interesting' versions of vacation events?

RPW said...

No, no interesting comments yet. I'm sure they are coming though. We haven't really gotten past the "I like the Tea Cup ride" or "I miss the beach." There was some confusion on which grandparents we were talking about.