Thursday, March 15, 2007

Proof of My Sinful Nature


If when, during a perfectly good sermon on baptism, the preacher (in our case, our field worker) says "Because of your baptism, you can go to God and call him Abba...Father," you spend the next 15 minutes wrestling with the song "Take a Chance on Me," its pretty clear that there is a sinful nature at work.


(it wasn't too bad until the guys chimed in with the "take a chance, take a chance" background vocals that sound like a train starting up)

6 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Your sinful nature gave me a chuckle, just the same!

RPW said...

yeah, I find my sinful nature amuses me a lot, too....

:)

Melynda said...

That story is awesome!

Milkmaid said...

You made me feel better Lora, because ---- true confessions -----I spent Wed. nights sermon planning what I would wear and where would I be if I was caught on film by The Satorialist ( ever seen his blog?) -- Polly

RPW said...

rofl....no, and maybe I shouldn't. That sounds like something I would do...so...go ahead, send me the link!!!

~Kathy~ said...

Well, I know I'm not alone now!
:-)

Kathy