Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Just to Save Time

Every once in a while, this list makes the rounds. I love it. It is called "The Bitter Homeschooler's List" and it really is what we all WANT to say when we are asked all the questions we homeschool moms are often asked about homeschooling.

Now, I don't mean questions from those who are genuinely interested or even vaguely curious, we love those. But the ones who say "Oh, I could never do that!" (really, its generally not that hard, but maybe you couldn't, sometimes I still wonder about me); or say "you must have a lot of patience" (ask my kids, I really don't); or question our ability to teach our children tasks that we have mastered and have been doing on a daily basis quite well for 20-30 years now (or more, ahem), things such as adding or putting basic sounds together to make words.

This one is my favorite:

19 Stop asking about how hard it must be to be my child's teacher as well as her parent. I don't see much difference between bossing my kid around academically and bossing him around the way I do about everything else.

Though #20 really strikes a chord as well. :)

1 comment:

Thursday's Child said...

LOL I used to get comments like that when we homeschooled the Boss. People just don't get it, do they?