Friday, February 01, 2008

The Book Meme

Our seminary fieldworker, Jeff, had the hubris to tag me for a meme...and I think he will regret it. There is danger in tagging a La Leche League Leader for a book meme, because who knows what might be near by (Maybe my husband can give him a fierce assignment...okay, okay, I'm joking).

Okay, so here's what I am supposed to do:

Instructions
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

So I look at my desk and reach for the nearest book. Wouldn't you know, it was something I had to look up for a friend the other night, out of Your Fertility Signals.... p. 123 --

"Miscarriages are common if a woman becomes pregnant sooner than four to six months after she stops taking oral contraceptives.

When she stops taking the Pill, a woman may have three months to a few years of cycles with long phases of creamy wetness instead of short patches of obviously fertile mucus. In addition, menstruation may begin less than 10 days after the mucus ends."

Just remember....you asked. I could've done the Bible, but I have it on his authority that it would've been boring... ;)

I tag Cynthia, Heidi, Jane, Melynda, and Cheryl (if you haven't done it already). Come on girls, it can't go worse than that!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lora,

Actually, that is helpful. My oldest dd was on the pill for acne...which helped greatly. She just went off of it to see how her body would repond, so far, so good. I will pass this info along to her...she would not want to do anything that could affect her future children.